Sunday, October 17, 2010

OU Game

This past week I've been on vacation. I took a week off work to decompress and relax. I hung out with my mom, dad, and a couple of friends - its been great. I've been able to eat healthy all week as its much easier to eat well when I'm on a routine schedule and don't have any stress in my life. When I weighed in Wednesday I had lost 4 lbs which brought me to the 18.2 lb loss mark.

Here's where I could have fallen off the program...

My boyfriend and I drove up to Norman, OK yesterday to go to the OU game. His family has season tickets and although I'm a Texas Tech fan I wanted to go with him and see the stadium and figured we'd have a good time. I was quite worried about what I would eat though since I couldn't plan for it and we didn't know what the crowds would be like at local restaurants. He's been really supportive of my being on the WW program though so he named a few places we could eat at while we were driving there so I was able to find something to eat at each restaurant that wouldn't exceed my points for the day.

When we arrived in Norman we were both hungry and luckily had to walk a mile to get to campus (helped me earn a couple extra activity points for the week). A lot of the local restaurants were busy so we walked into Jimmy John's for lunch. This was my choice as I looked it up in the car and realized I could eat a sub and 3/4 of a bag of chips for only 16 points. Lunch was delicious and I felt great afterward. The sub I used to get at Jimmy John's is SO many points compared to the smarter choice I made yesterday...and the turkey sub I got was just as delicious. That's what I love about this program...I may be making different, smarter choices, but I'm not sacrificing anything.

After lunch we decided to walk around campus. The OU campus is actually quite charming and I really enjoyed walking through all of the little shops. I kept wanting to buy things but am on a really tight budget so I had to resist. Next time I go I may have to splurge a bit! We walked into one of the bars to watch the Rangers and Tech games since we still had a couple of hours before kickoff and I resisted the temptation of having a beer. Drinking is always my biggest fear when heading out to sporting events or parties...it's so easy to lose count after you've had a couple.

Around 5pm we walked over to the stadium and it was really quite amazing inside. So much different than the stadium at the college I went to! It was the 72nd consecutive sell-out. Absolutely insane to think that over 84,000 people have attended the last 72 OU home games. They really have a lot of school spirit and alumni pride. Pretty cool to experience that. OU dominated Iowa State 52-0 (which was cool but kind of a bummer since the game was a bit boring in the second half) but still a great experience and Adam loved it.

After the game we were pretty hungry. We found a little mexican restaurant down the street and popped in for a quick meal. I had a margarita on the rocks, half a chicken quesadilla, and about 20 torilla chips with salsa. I calculated the points and it came out to about 25. Luckily I had most of my bonus points left so that was a relief.

We drove back after the game and the hardest part of the week (WW wise) was over. I'm so glad I made the choices I did because I feel great today and have no regrets about what I ate/drank yesterday. It was a great week, great weekend, and I'm ready to head back to the office tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a great week this week!! Any successes/struggles?

No comments:

Post a Comment